Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Jims Mobile (JMI) Case for Celestron CGEM EQ Mount Head:
The case does what it is advertised to do--it does house Celestron's German Equatorial Mount (CGEM). Still there are several deficiencies:
1. The equatorial does not fit properly into the case.
2. The slot provided for the counterweight bar is too short.
3. All of the CGEM's accessories fit into the case except for one--the accessory tray. Poor planning!
4. The wheels are cheap plastic and will not take much wear-and-tear.
5. Use of the wheels creates a problem with case balance. The case design does not include a stabilization block near the wheels. It is impossible to stand the case upright with the wheels attached.
Overall the case is adequate and it does what it claims--it provides a well-padded container for the equatorial mount. Still, for the price the case is poorly designed. I would not recommend it for purchase.
Have a question about this product? Ask a Product Expert! The answer will be emailed to you and then posted here.
Enter the information indicated below.
Enter a valid email address.
Please confirm your email address.
Enter a question.