Overview of Basic Types
- Easy to use, compact and portable
- Excellent optics provide sharp images
- Great for astrophotography
- Best all-purpose telescope design
- Most expensive telescope type
- Slight light loss due to mirror system
- Somewhat unusual appearance
Learn more about
Shop by Brand
Quick Tips for Buying Telescopes
1. We want you to find the right telescope for you. That's why we begin by creating three basic categories for you to shop by: Beginner, Enthusiast, and Expert. You can find that designation on every one of our product pages.
2. You also can shop by brand. We are proud to offer optic products from respected names like Celestron, Meade, Zhumell, Vixen Optics, Bushnell, and more.
3. To assist you in your search, our Telescope Wizard lets you narrow your search by price, telescope type, aperture, usage, and more. If you're not sure which one is best for you, this is a great place to start.
4. Our selection also includes the most popular telescope types like reflecting, refracting, optical-tube, Dobsonians, and more.
5. Still not sure what you're looking for? You can even shop by top-rated products to find out what our customers have to say about specific telescopes.