Meade ETX Telescopes
When Meade first introduced the ETX (short for Everyone's Telescope), astronomers "in the know" created such overwhelming demand that the scopes were almost impossible to get. Several years later, those new to astronomy are just beginning to discover the Meade ETX Telescope while serious astronomers still flock to it as the ideal ultra-portable scope in their collection.
Choosing an ETX is easy.
You'll understand more about the various types and sizes of telescopes as your knowledge of astronomy increases. But instead of worrying how to pronounce Maksutov-Cassegrain, rest assured that there's not a telescope on the market with a better track record of converting budding astronomers into full-fledged ones than the Meade ETX series telescopes. Sky & Telescope Magazine predicted the ETX would "grow the hobby in a way heretofore unimagined." And so far, it has. Once you decide on the ETX, you need to choose the aperture that best suits your needs. In general terms, you will want all the aperture you can afford. But aperture isn't everything. For outrageously simple portability, you can't beat a 90mm ETX-PE.
Top features of Meade ETX Telescopes
1. Short for "Everyone's Telescope," the Meade ETX Series offers models that are just that - ideal for beginners as well as for astronauts.
2. Designed for the beginner, the ETX was initially difficult to keep in stock and available due to the high demand from astronauts who knew this was the leading scope for its price point.
3. When shopping for a telescope, beginners and experts alike need to look for the most aperture for their money. Larger aperture (scope diameter) helps make stars appear brighter in the night sky.
4. Models in the Meade ETX Series include the AutoStar Controller, allowing users to find and GoTo over 30,000 objects, from stars to planets. Plus, the "Tonight's Best" guide helps you navigate to the best items in the sky for your particular time and location.
5. Ultra-high transmission coatings enhance these telescope's optics using a series of exotic optical coatings that are precision-tuned to optimize visual, photographic, and CCD-imaging performance. All this adds up to increased contrast and brightness.